Questions to ask your Chicago 24 hour dentist
It is important to be prepared to help ensure that you choose the right dentist for you and your family, and you get the most out of your visit to the dentist. Here are some useful questions to consider when selecting a dentist, before and during their dental appointment.
Choosing a dentist
You may wish to consider several dentists before choosing the dentist who is right for you. When calling or visiting the dentist, consider the following questions:
- How much does the dentist for checkups, x-rays, fillings for cavities and other procedures?
- If you have a health plan, does the dentist participate in it?
- When and how you are expected to pay? Make sure you understand the cost, method and timing of payment before accepting any treatment.
- What types of dental procedures can make the dentist? ? There are dental specialists , such as orthodontists and periodontists, available at the dentist’s office? If not, the dentist will suggest appropriate dental specialists?
- Are there any special arrangements for handling emergencies outside of office hours? Most dentists make arrangements with a colleague or emergency referral service if they are unable to respond to emergencies.
- What are your office hours, appointment times are convenient for you?
How to choose a good dentist
Preparations for the visit to the dentist for you or your child
Make a list of any pain or problems you are experiencing, or questions you would like to ask the dentist during your appointment. You can start with this list below, or make your own list. The important thing is to tell your dentist about any concerns or problems you have, even if they are younger, so they can treat them at the time and help prevent more serious problems that occur with time.
- Do you have the sensitivity or tooth pain? How strong is it?
- Pain or bleeding gums, tongue or jaw? How serious is it?
- Do you have any unusual spots or sores in the mouth?
- Does the “dry mouth” or lack of saliva?
- Do you have a bad taste or odor in your mouth?
- Are you taking any prescription or over the counter? Make a list of those to take him to the dentist.
- Do you have any allergies?
- Do you have trouble breathing when you sleep?
- Do you grind your teeth when you sleep?