The tooth of the human being is composed of four major tissues and one of it is the tooth enamel. As a matter of fact, tooth enamel is the strongest substance of the human body since it features a very high percentage of minerals. According to research, there are 90% of hydroxyapatite found in tooth enamel thus it is considered as the primary mineral found in tooth enamel.
Basically, tooth enamel is one vital part of the mouth area however, if it is neglected, it can cause various kinds of tooth problems such cavities, chipping and sensitivity. As the tooth enamel breaks, there is a huge chance that it can cause severe demineralization or also known as the weakening of the tooth enamel or adamantine tissues. High intake of candies, soft drinks, fruit juices or any other foods made from sugars can cause enamel loss. With that, it is very imperative that one should avoid such food type so as to prevent the breaking down of enamel. There are steps to avoid such matter and to find out more of this, better read the entire content below.
Re-mineralization is one great way to avoid enamel loss and there are actually different hints to do these:
- 1.Â Â Â Â Â Â Diet. It is very important that one should consider a healthy diet for this can promote healthy foods that wonât just help stimulate good health but good teeth as well. Avoid taking sugary, starchy and acidic foods since these can pose high threat of enamel loss.
- 2.Â Â Â Â Â Â Snack management. Controlling your daily snacks is also one healthy way to protect the enamel from breaking plus this can also avoid the penetration of some other bacteria which can essentially result to any kind of tooth issues.
- 3.Â Â Â Â Â Â Cheese intake. Cheese is a very important food type that can strengthen oneâs teeth particularly the enamel since this fights back acidity which is one of the reasons why enamel weakens. Incorporating cheese on your lifestyle helps.
- 4.Â Â Â Â Â Â Rinse your mouth. It is of utmost important to practice rinsing your mouth with clean water especially after eating acidic or sugary foods. This helps avoid any bacteria and cavities.
- 5.Â Â Â Â Â Â Application of Lemonade. Drinking lemonade with a straw can also be a great way to lessen the acidic intake of your mouth plus this can also minimize the exposure of your mouth to acids.
- 6.Â Â Â Â Â Â Use a soft-bristled brush. Brushing your teeth roughly can cause enamel loss thus soft-bristled brush is highly advised.
- 7.Â Â Â Â Â Â Think about your health. Always confer with your doctor in case you are under any medication since there are health conditions that impede one to keep the good condition of the enamel.
- 8.Â Â Â Â Â Â Consider your toothpaste. Always appraise your toothpaste for this can somehow affect your aim to strengthen your enamel particularly those who are made with Glycerin.
The tips expressed above are just some of the basic pointers that you need to bear in mind for you to keep your tooth enamel strong and healthy. Therefore, better consider these to have that enamel healthy the best and most efficient way.
If you have an emergency dental situation in or around the Chicago area please give us a call today